We’re delighted to announce that our brand new range of mobile digital recorders – the MDR-500 Series – is now available, offering a host of new features that embrace the very latest in mobile recording technology.
Upgrades include the capability to record high definition images, improved download speeds, GPS tracking on all models (4G required for live tracking) and a new robust tamper-proof housing. MDRs have become increasingly popular in the commercial vehicle sector over recent years. Fitted onto vehicles to record incidents, they provide a crucial witness in the event of an accident, protecting drivers and their companies from false claims.
Crash-for-cash scams – when fraudsters deliberately cause collisions to profit from insurance payouts – cost transport businesses millions of pounds every year when they are unable to prove the driver was not at fault. Add to this the vandalism, theft and attacks on drivers that many such companies suffer and it’s clear that MDRs can help provide a lasting solution.
Brigade Electronics’ new 4G enabled MDRs capture real-time footage from up to eight vehicle-mounted cameras, providing instant images of incidents along with irrefutable proof when there are conflicting reports of who’s to blame.
The new MDR-500 Series features new improved software with added features and customisation, ensuring each MDR application is optimised for the vehicle’s working environment and customer specifications.
Key benefits include:
- Record up to 1,862 hours of footage
- High definition capability. The MDR-500 Series can record hi-res images (720p/1080p), offering unrivaled picture clarity when reviewing footage
- Ability to capture other vehicle data such as g-force, indicators, vehicle speed and more
- Super speed USB. The upgraded 3.0 USB port means that download times are ten times faster than earlier MDR models using the 2.0 port
- Robust housing. Tough aluminium casing protects the hard drive from vibration, accident or tampering. This also prevents unauthorised HDD
removal, ensuring compliance with new data protection regulations (GDPR)
- Voltage protection. Fluctuations in voltage will not result in data loss. The MDR-500 series is fitted with an auto shut-off mode to protect data and battery. When a healthy voltage returns, recording will reinitiate
Further features include a built-in audible buzzer to alert drivers to various alarms.
Ten diagnostic LEDs have been fitted to show at a glance the status of the system.
New dashboard features include the ability to pinpoint a vehicle’s location to an actual street address; an auto-logout feature for additional security; and the opportunity to check for software updates using the MDR settings.
At Brigade Electronics, we’re committed to bringing you the latest, most innovative technology to enhance the safety of your fleet, whether you’re an international company or a small business.
We’re delighted with the capabilities of the new MDR-500 Series and we’d love to share this outstanding product with you. If you’d like to request a brochure, do get in touch by calling 800.910.2885.